This position may be virtual, remote based within the U.S. and the employee must be willing to work U.S. Eastern time zone work hours where the team is located. We will not consider non-U.S. based candidates.
Amify is a two-time Inc 500 award winner Amazon-as-a-Service (AaaS) provider that offers brands an end-to-end Amazon solution that maximizes sales and profitability. Amify's data-driven, full-service solution includes strategy, advertising, creative, management and operations for brand protection, content enhancement, sales acceleration and inventory management. Amify has partnered with over 1,000 brands and managed over $100 million in sales on Amazon.
We're building a unique cross-functional Media and Advertising team that delivers strategic and creative media and advertising solutions for our clients. You'll have the opportunity to work with clients from small startups to established, world-famous brands and see the impact you have on their business every day. If you enjoy diving deep to understand performance, while also helping to craft big picture strategy, and value the impact that great creative can have on brand growth, there's a spot for you on this highly visible, rapidly growing team.
As the Media Director you are an analytical and strategic thinker, demonstrating the ability to learn and iterate quickly to focus on the best outcomes. You succeed by accelerating revenue growth through data-driven optimizations to our client's media strategy.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, is data-driven, and follows trends within advertising and media. This role interfaces cross-functionally with internal teams as well as external clients and must be fantastic at developing and managing relationships.
What you'll be doing:
- Oversee all client campaigns managed by team and ensure they are meeting/exceeding goals
- Responsible for prioritizing all client deliverables and providing clear direction & vision on priorities to achieve client goals
- Provide day-to-day functional team management including work assignment and prioritization, team resourcing and hiring, coaching and training, and overall performance management
- Research and analyze our clients' business, competitors, and target audiences in order to recommend channel, budget, and targeting strategies
- Directly lead paid media and advertising campaign strategy, setup, ongoing optimization, and reporting for select priority clients
- Monitor and provide new ideas and strategies related to all active campaigns across Amazon in the Amazon Advertising Console and Amazon DSP as well as other channels (e.g. programmatic, paid social, paid search)
- Synthesize performance data and present concise, actionable insights to our clients on a regular basis
- Proactively identify business opportunities for our clients (e.g., new targeting opportunities, new ad formats, novel ways of leap-frogging competitors, etc.)
- Maintain an integrated approach to strategy, creative, and advertising, and enroll cross-discipline team members where relevant
- Act as a subject matter expert for clients on media and ecommerce trends and best practices
What we'll expect from you:
- Hit the ground running - We'll expect you to learn quickly, be solution-focused, and thrive amid change.
- Collaborate - In rare cases, you'll need to be an expert team of one. But most of the time, you'll need to be flexible - wearing and sharing many hats with a fast-moving team. Egos, turf-guarding, and keeping knowledge to yourself simply won't work.
- Client Focus - We'll expect you to treat our clients' businesses as if they're your own. Amify's success depends on the success of our clients, and you'll play an extremely important role in helping our clients succeed.
- Expertise - You should be able to teach us something new, and relentlessly learn new skills, channels, and tools.
- Leadership - We'll expect you to be a supportive leader to the team as they develop new skills by guiding the work, providing timely feedback, and proactively sharing knowledge.
- No one is above the work - We're all expected to get our hands dirty and do great work regardless of title, team, or tenure.
- 8+ years of related experience planning and executing paid media and advertising campaigns (including keyword research, content optimization, paid ads, bid/budget management, and reporting)
- Deep expertise with some or all of the following: Programmatic Advertising, Paid Search/PPC/SEM, Paid Social, Amazon Advertising, Amazon DSP
- 2+ years of experience managing a team including allocating resources, delegating work, managing workflow, and performance management
- Data-drive thinking and highly analytical
- Extensive experience aggregating and analyzing data from multiple sources, and reporting on performance
- Experience in B2C marketing is ideal
- Ecommerce marketing experience is strongly preferred
- Experience working directly with clients to address challenges/opportunities, and communicating complex technical topics to a wide range of audiences
- Excellent presentation, communication, and relationship management skills
- Experience recommending campaign budgets based on historical data and best practices
- Experience and desire for ownership and accountability for several client campaigns with limited oversight
- Very comfortable working in Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs/Drive
Standout Candidates will Bring:
- Experience with Helium 10, Jungle Scout, Kenshoo, Pacvue, Teikametrics or other relevant tools
- Understanding of Amazon logistics (e.g., fulfillment strategies, warehouse/inventory management, etc.)
- Experience working across the Ecommerce and paid media landscape (e.g., Shopify, Google Ads, social advertising, etc.)
- Previous agency experience
What you'll get out of it:
- Enjoy a fun, fast-growing entrepreneurial company
- Be part of a highly collaborative learning culture- share knowledge, be inclusive, learn and grow together. Embrace teamwork!
- Knowing your ideas are heard and matter. Think big!
- You get to own your job and be recognized for your contributions
- Work with smart and creative people
- Develop a team and be part of their career path
- We want all the experience and expertise you have to offer, but we won't burn you out. We offer unlimited PTO plus over 10 holidays
- It's okay to make mistakes because we're human. Let's learn from them. Be transparent!
- We recognize you as an individual- no presumptions or judgment. Be the extraordinary you!
- Have "skin in the game" through our employee stock options plan