Our large, Fortune Technology client is ranked as one of the best companies to work with, in the world. The client fosters progressive culture, creativity, and a flexible work environment. They use cutting-edge technologies to keep themselves ahead of the curve. Diversity in all aspects is respected. Integrity, experience, honesty, people, humanity, and passion for excellence are some other adjectives that define this global technology leader.
Location: Portland or remote
The Brand Communications team is on a mission to curate and communicate stories showcasing the best of our brand - stories focused on our business strength, innovation, impact, people and purpose. If you have a passion for helping companies and journalists tell stories about walking cars for exploring the moon, sustainable skis made from algae and homes of the future being built in factories, or whatever else our designed and built future may hold, we want to talk with you about joining our team.
We're looking for someone with a blend of communications and media relations skills, coupled with social media savvy, who thrives when collaborating with people around the world to tell inspiring stories. The right candidate is inquisitive and modest, humble in their expertise. Concepts and technologies including artificial intelligence, augmented and virtual reality, robotics and 3D printing are familiar and fascinating to you. When something is not familiar, you energetically explore, and translate technology jargon and engineering-heavy language into inviting conversations that intrigue newcomers and deepen engagement. The fundamentals of driving earned media stories and owned content creation are your wheelhouse and the pull of a bright future is your compass.
• Work as a member of our Brand Communications team to plan, execute and measure PR for our Design & Manufacturing technology and business (learn more about us here and here)
• Identify and conduct outreach to (pitch) media and other influencers; prepare for and staff media interviews with experts and executive spokespeople - owning the storytelling process end to end
• Contribute to development of brand-level and technology communications strategy, tactics and content for earned, owned and social media
• Collaborate with product owners and industry stakeholders to identify and develop news announcements and customer stories
• Support execution of media and analyst programs for industry tradeshows and client-owned events like our annual user conference, University
• Contribute to improving owned and earned media performance by tracking, analyzing and drawing insights from data to inform and adjust our media strategies
• Support evolution of company newsroom and contribute to steady cadence of story ideas
• Manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
• Stay abreast of technology trends, media movements, and competitor activity to find opportunities to advance our narrative
• Be proactive about seeking out and/or suggesting ideas for better ways to tell our stories
• Facilitate global distribution and use of communications assets through our Geo Brand Marketing team in ~15 countries
• Confidently bring your whole self to work every day, where you learn from, teach to, and genuinely enjoy engaging with a diverse, witty, intelligent and playful team that's proud of its role shaping the brand.
• 5 years of relevant work experience at a PR/marketing agency or in a relevant in-house role
• Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, marketing or a related field
• Proven ability to build and manage relationships with company stakeholders, executives, journalists and external partners
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Flexibility and ability to multitask
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Minimal travel may be requested (?10%)
• Experience with enterprise technology platforms, CMS, data analytics and/or visual editing tools (e.g. MS Office, Sharepoint and Teams, Cision / Trendkite, WordPress, Photoshop)