You will use your extensive experience and consultative selling skills to communicate our solutions to a highly technical audience at some of the largest companies in the world. You will be responsible for initiating and maintaining relationships with our customers to drive high retention rates and employ effective selling strategies to successfully position DomainTools as a critical element in their security architecture.
You will be responsible for quarterbacking accounts from initial onboarding through securing renewals and contract expansions. You will effectively manage the renewal and/or contract expansion process throughout the sales and contract cycle, including customer follow-up, relationship-building, product demonstrations in person or via web, writing quotes and proposals, and negotiating and closing business.
Unlike a position at a larger company, this is not a silo position with just a quota and a list of accounts. We want a collaborative and energetic individual that can contribute to the overall go-to-market (GTM) team, work in a dynamic environment and deliver messaging and product feedback back into the rest of the organization.
Location Remote within US
The Account Manager role includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities
- Manage the customer life cycle from onboarding through contract renewal, including scheduling initial meetings and ongoing solution set trainings and quarterly business reviews, through upsell evaluations, negotiation, contract changes, and signature while ensuring customers renew at an escalated ARR rate
- Be a trusted advisor, customer advocate, driving relationships with key customers and creating new champions within accounts
- Ensure continued high retention rates in an assigned book of business
- Devise and execute account strategies and plans to maximize customer growth
- Drive upsell business in your territory accounts, managing your sales process from prospecting to close to regularly meet or exceed retention quotas
- Conduct effective discovery calls with customers
- Deliver dynamic and engaging presentations and technical product demonstrations and trainings via Webex and in person
- Negotiate pricing and contractual terms to close upsells as required
- Build, maintain and develop knowledge to become an expert on Cyber Threat Intelligence and DomainTools' data, as well as the competitive landscape
- Be available to travel during the year to represent DomainTools at trade events and shows to help drive pipeline growth and increase marketing presence post-Covid
- Utilize Salesforce to track all pertinent information related to the opportunity and account, and effectively manage your book of business including customer, pipeline and forecast data
- Know your customer's use case, applied technologies, strategic plans and internal operations to stay ahead of trends and competition
- Serve as the primary point of contact for customers while collaborating with multiple internal stakeholders to ensure the existing customer base is receiving the value they expect from their implemented solutions
- Deliver feedback to the Product Management team on new feature requests and product enhancements
- Ensure customer success through proactive periodic health checks, product training, and best practices
- Minimum 5 years of proven excellence in account management or customer success for technology solutions to enterprise class organizations and successfully achieving an assigned up-sell quota
- Experience in the network/cyber security industry is a plus
- Proven history of quota attainment
- Ability to influence key decision makers and to negotiate effectively based on value and time to close
- Fast learner, adept at understanding and articulating new technologies and corresponding value propositions on the fly
- Effective using consultative selling methodologies. Ability to identify economic drivers and articulate effects on customers' business, and position our solutions to a technical audience
- An analytical approach to sales process, pipeline management and improving sales effectiveness
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities effectively, collaborate internally to get things done and be accountable for your decisions
- Proficient using Salesforce.com and Microsoft Office to build sales presentations, proposals and contracts
- Positive can-do attitude and tireless work ethic. Driven and self-sufficient and able to thrive and adapt to change in a very fast paced environment
- Passionate about technology and the startup culture with broad responsibilities, crazy busy, lots of uncertainty, lots of responsibility and lots of fun
DomainTools is the leader in domain name, DNS and Internet OSINT-based cyber threat intelligence, and cybercrime forensics products and data. With over 15 years of domain name, DNS and related 'cyber fingerprint' data across the Internet, DomainTools helps companies assess security threat risks, profile attackers, investigate online fraud and crimes, and map cyber activity in order to stop attacks. Our customers include many Fortune 500 companies, including leaders in Internet technology, banking, consumer products, manufacturing and government.
Our home and headquarters are located in Belltown Downtown Seattle (we are currently 100% remote due to COVID19) in a very cool office staffed with smart and energetic co-workers. We provide great benefits such as fully paid premiums on medical plans for employees, pet insurance, flexible PTO, and flexible scheduling to name a few.
DomainTools embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion to its fullest as an equal opportunity employer. We build our teams so creativity and innovation can flourish. We believe inclusivity and equity fosters innovation and growth; and we harness this mindset to drive a culture that serves our employees and our customers. We encourage people of all backgrounds, ages, perspectives, and skill sets to apply; and do not discriminate based on age, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.