Location: This role is remote through the COVID-19 pandemic with occasional in-person meetings/events whenever it is safe.
Due to our explosive growth, we are on the search for a Marketing Manager (MM). The Marketing Manager is one of the leaders of Goodie Nation. That's it, right there, full stop: leadership. The MM helps set the strategic direction for the organization's storytelling and executes against it; they will be involved in what makes Goodie Nation great. Without your leadership, we cannot create a better, and more sustainable future for us all.
This opportunity affords high visibility and responsibility as the MM works side by side with the Chief Marketing Officer, design team, and communications team telling the story of how Goodie Nation is helping the next generation of social entrepreneurs and diverse founders. From entrepreneurs, to funders, to mentors, your network is about to explode. You will have the opportunity to get to know the best entrepreneurs and influencers in the country by having access to full involvement in Goodie Nation's programming across the country.
General Role Description
This role will work closely with the CEO and CMO to execute their vision/ideas into actionable and strategic content planning. This role will also have a high level of autonomy and creative freedom to develop digital marketing strategy across multiple platforms now and into the future.
This role is responsible for telling the story of our work with the next generation of social entrepreneurs and diverse founders as well as with some of the world's leading brands. As the Marketing Manager, you will work closely with the Chief Marketing Officer, PR agency, and program managers to create and implement innovative marketing strategies including social media, email, blog, events, partnership marketing, photography, videography, etc. Your responsibilities will include ensuring the strategy is executed across both the Tech Founders and Tech Training divisions as well as measuring marketing and communications activities for strategy modifications and future enhancement.
What You'll Do:
- Help with the creation of a strategy to tell the story of our work
- Execute strategy across LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, and Facebook and manage engagement while considering emerging / future platforms like Clubhouse
- Create and release posts/blog releases (writing, photos, video, etc..) with the help of the communications team
- Create and release emails to our mailing list
- Try new and creative ideas for engagement! Our team will encourage trial and error methods - it's the startup way!
- Help as needed with Goodie Nation events.
What You'll Bring To The Role:
- Strong interest in the discourse around innovation, entrepreneurship, and social impact
- Familiarity with the tech, startup and small business community.
- High ambition, organization and self-direction coupled with the ability to get stuff done
- 2-4 years marketing experience in developing content for digital communications channels, including web sites, email campaigns, and the social media platforms LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook.
- Experience with digital marketing tools such as Hootsuite and analytic platforms, Mailchimp, and blogging platforms like WordPress, etc. Design skills are a plus, and familiarity with Canva is preferred.
- Comfortability w/a variety of responsibilities, and minimal amount of direction, but high expectations
- Ability to react positively and quickly to last minute changes
- Trustworthiness with the understanding the importance of sensitivity and confidentiality
- Exceptional communication skills; ego-less and willing to pitch in wherever necessary
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Self-accountability and the ability to hold others accountable
- A drive to get better every single day combined with the discipline to execute our proven Process of creating impact.
- Tenacity and enthusiasm about the Goodie Nation organization