NOTE: This is a 100% remote U.S. position.
Cloud Academy is the leading digital skills development platform that enables every enterprise to become a tech company through guided Learning Paths, Hands-on Labs, and Skill Assessment. Cloud Academy delivers role-specific training on the leading cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), essential methodologies needed to operate on and between clouds (DevOps, security, containers), and capabilities that are unlocked by the cloud (big data, machine learning).
Companies like Turner, Cognizant, SAS, and ThermoFisher customize Cloud Academy to contextualize learning and leverage the platform to assign, manage, and measure cloud enablement at scale.
We feel incredibly lucky - we work on two of the most critical disciplines of our age: Education and Technology. Not only are they key opportunities in modern organizations, they are also changing faster than ever before in a strong and impactful way - for our societies, economies and, ultimately, for our evolution as human beings!
The Business Development Representative role gives you a great opportunity to get started at a truly global organization. We're growing fast and invite you to grow with us! Business Development is a critical component of the sales organization at Cloud Academy. As the "tip of the spear," you will open new sales conversations and create sales opportunities for our Account Executives. You will be on the front lines of our business and as such, you must be comfortable cold calling, talking to strangers, communicating our value proposition, and building our sales pipeline!
What awesome stuff you'll do:
- Cold outbound calls and emails to prospective customers
- Schedule initial discovery/qualifications calls with prospective customers
- Communicate to arm Account Executives for success (i.e. insights and intelligence about prospective customers) in a timely fashion
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to help inform Demand Generation
- Assist Account Executives with pipeline management and prospect nurturing when appropriate/necessary
- Passion, resilience, and a good sense of humor required
- Success in establishing and cultivating professional relationships, you are the first point of contact and voice of the company!
- Experience with client facing work, this could include anything from hospitality to customer support
- Familiarity with G Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Adaptability; things change fast around here!
- High capacity for empathy
- Exceptional listening skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate across all levels of a business
- Bonus points for experience with Salesforce
- Our ideal candidate works best in a dynamic environment where change is the only constant!
- Competitive salary with an uncapped commission potential
- Budget for professional development
- Healthcare, dental, vision and 401k benefits
- 4 weeks paid vacation and 11 paid holidays per year
- Great company culture and work environment!
- Highly-skilled teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development
- Annual trip to Switzerland for the Global Meeting