Marketing and Communications Manager at Ace Hardware Corporation
Emery Jensen Distribution is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ace Hardware Corporation that distributes hardware & home improvement products to the independent Pro Lumber, Paint, Hardware and e-Retailer customer segments.
The Marketing and Communications Manager for Emery Jensen Distribution will research, analyze, plan and execute internal/external messaging & communications, develop marketing collateral, administer policy messaging, provide customer trade show coordination and manage effective communications for the division. This position receives guidance, oversight and direction from the Director, Marketing & Retail Execution.
Principle Activities and Accountabilities include:
- Supports various media channels that help drive the marketing and sales objectives of Emery Jensen Distribution - Elements can include, but not limited to, trade shows, advertising, public relations, events, promotions, direct mail, brochures, internet, intranet, email, marketing/sales collateral, etc.
- Has responsibility and accountability for internal/external communication for Emery Jensen Distribution.
- Supports our field sales team and work closely with business partners within the Merchandising, Marketing and Field Sales departments to ensure quality, coherent and succinct messaging is delivered.
- Works with the field sales team to understand customer needs and buying behaviors that need to be incorporated into advertising, events, promotions and sales collateral.
- Responsible for Social Media presence and trends, as it pertains to the relevance of EJD's customer base.
- Develops and builds on the Emery Jensen Distribution brand (fairly new brand in the market - result of merger of Emery Waterhouse and Jensen Distribution) as well as assist in content development to ensure consistency of message in internal and external communications; e.g. internet, intranet, extranet, brochures, advertising, press activities, presentations.
- Bachelor's degree with a preferred emphasis in Business, Marketing, Communication, or Journalism
- Minimum 5 years of successfully performing, planning and executing communications and marketing to internal and external stakeholders desired
- Experience within the hardware distribution industry is a plus
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Ability to work cross functionally with other areas of the company to have success in developing and delivering marketing collateral
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability and flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities
- Solid computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite - Adobe Creative Suites experience is a plus
- Ability to work under tight time constraints with multiple projects
- Up to 15% travel
- Fluid in Social Media…exercising good judgement and maturity
- Self-starter, comfortable working remote, as well as communicating frequently with remote teams
We want to hear from you!
Emery Jensen Distribution delivers wholesale products and best-in-class service to independent retailers in the Pro Lumber, Paint, Hardware, Grocery, and E-retailer space. Our goal is to support sustainable and profitable growth for our customers by offering the broadest assortments, best pricing, and most knowledgeable team. We have national scale, a regional focus and the commitment to serve our customers and support each other. Come find out why a career with Emery Jensen Distribution is right for you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emery Jensen Distribution, a subsidiary of Ace Hardware, is committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-marketing-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote marketing jobs