Solutions Product Marketing Manager at Fastly
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly's edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers' applications as close to their end-users as possible - at the edge of the internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly's customers' use our edge cloud platform to ensure concertgoers can buy tickets to the live events they love, travellers can book flights seamlessly and embark on their next great adventure, and sports fans can stream events in real-time, across devices. They include many of the world's most prominent companies, including Spotify, Alaska Airlines, Hulu, The New York Times, and Ticketmaster. We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us. Solutions Product Marketing Manager As a Solutions Product Marketing Manager, you will play a critical role in defining and advancing the Fastly value proposition across one to two key industries. You will become an expert in your markets, developing end executing upon integrated go-to-market plans. This role requires close alignment with sales, demand generation, product management, and client services teams, driving cross-functional team projects and creating critical content to enable customer success. Our product marketing team is growing quickly, and we are looking for someone who is excited to play a critical role in driving sales success in these industries. What You'll Do
- Develop go-to-market strategies, identify impactful solutions and use cases, contribute to thought leadership, and open up new market opportunities for target industries
- Work continuously with industry-specific sales, sales engineering, and product teams to create compelling messaging that aligns to our product value propositions
- Deliver sales trainings and create sales tools to disseminate information across the team
- Support Fastly's industry-specific demand generation campaigns by creating high impact assets including white papers, solution briefs, webinars, infographics, landing pages, and blogs
- Become a subject matter expert at Fastly in 1 to 2 core industries, engaging closely with corresponding industry-focused sales teams and sales engineers and representing us at industry events
- Stay abreast of industry trends and developments through ongoing research and analyst engagements and leverage insights to develop targeted messaging
- Create buyer personas for your industries in order to articulate their concerns, identify buying trends, and ultimately understand how Fastly can help address their needs
- 4+ years of proven track record in delivering highly technical products to an enterprise buyer
- Strong analytical abilities, with experience sizing and prioritizing market opportunities
- Excellent copywriting, editing and communication skills
- Highly competent and confident presenter and trainer
- Proven ability to understand complex technologies and apply learnings to extract compelling value propositions for different audiences
- Ability to provide consultative input to senior sales leaders based on market insights
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, high-pressure environment
- Attention to detail and discipline to follow established policies and process or create new processes as needed
- Experience leading complex, time-sensitive cross-functional projects, preferably in the cloud space
- Experience in the CDN, security or cloud computing space would be highly valued
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly's home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we're not 'one size fits all'. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-marketing-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote marketing jobs