Sales Account Manager at Red Hat
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Sales team is looking for a Sales Account Manager to join us. In this role, you will be a key part of our Field Sales team and work within a defined territory or industry vertical to increase Red Hat's market share and revenue. You'll be responsible for building new relationships and expanding and improving business with existing customers, as well as all aspects of the sale, including pricing negotiations, contract development, and order fulfillment. You'll also be responsible for managing internal resources, including sales engineering and technical support. As a Sales Account Manager, you'll need to be comfortable working with partner sales and services organizations and IT and business executives, using your extensive experience developing and implementing sales plans. This is a remote position. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
- Sell Red Hat's solutions and services in your assigned territory or industry
- Meet quantitative and qualitative performance goals and set high standards for articulation and presentation of key messages and the Red Hat value proposition
- Create strategic and tactical sales plans and guide the extended Sales team in implementing them to maximize revenue and growth
- Meet assigned sales quota by acquiring new customer accounts and renewing and growing existing relationships
- Call on prospective customers, providing technical and administrative information, demonstrations, and price quotes for our offerings
- Forecast and close sales in alignment with company goals
- 8+ years of sales management experience with a demonstrated record of success, preferably in the software or IT industry
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business, marketing, or other technical discipline
- Solutions sales mentality in an environment with multiple offerings and services; experience with cloud, virtualization, middleware, and emerging technologies is a plus
- Solid understanding of the complete sales cycle management from prospecting to closing
- Ability to work as part of a fast-paced team while demonstrating flexibility and initiative
- Excellent communication skills
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-marketing-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote marketing jobs