Vice President of Marketing at Recharge
With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge, we have a lot of store owners to support. Our mission to make repeat orders easier began five years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 150 remote-first employees around the globe processing tens of millions of dollars in sales every week.
ReCharge is seeking an experienced Vice President of Marketing to execute our growth strategy, strengthen our company’s strategic positioning, and drive execution across all aspects of marketing including sales enablement, partner enablement, branding and offline event strategy.
In this pivotal role reporting directly to the COO, you will develop a strategic vision for how we show and describe the value of ReCharge, and drive execution. This leadership role will manage five sub-capabilities : Product line-up, business model innovation, competitive strategies, creative, brand and customer strategies. You will be responsible for leading horizontally across the organization to create and deliver a truly integrated go-to-market plan, accounting for the respective roles of each capability in achieving commitments and for setting long-term direction for our brand and business model strategies.What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions
- Set the marketing vision for the company and craft strategic marketing plans aimed at achieving that vision.
- Scale, coach, develop and operationalize a world class marketing team to support a our ever growing product and distribution channels.
- Be able to translate data and insights into winning competitive strategies to support business and product high-growth.
- Sales and partner enablement: Increase win rates by partnering with the VP of Sales to deliver effective tools across all channels, including product and vendor comparisons, playbook content, product brochures, success stories, and sell sheets.
- Strategic Positioning: Develop a deep understanding of our customer base by gathering insights around the ecommerce market, competitors, industry trends, target personas, buyer needs and the purchasing decision process. Utilize this information to establish best practices around who to target and which deliverables and strategies will ensure successful campaigns for future releases.
- Demand generation : Launch initiatives such as webinars, co-marketing with ecosystem partners and events and follow through captured leads to move them from MQL to SQL. Run marketing campaigns on the existing customer base to generate upsell opportunities. Develop SEO strategies to attract and engage new merchants.
- Product marketing: Launch new products and features through collaboration with our Product, Sales Engineers and Customer Success teams. Utilize insights from each department to successfully demonstrate to customers and prospects the value of new product capabilities through guides, product videos, webinars, and informative blog posts.
- Content Marketing: Guide the creation of long form content material that supports our thought leadership strategy, including white papers, merchant interviews, speaking engagements, newsletters, and social content.
- New channel opportunities: Identify new market expansion opportunities for our products and lead coordinated efforts accordingly including leading our ReCharge market-place.
- Creative: Develop a creative direction leveraging compelling messaging, stories, case studies, videos, and presentations to use across all direct and digital communication for store owners, people operations talent acquisition function, and internal culture initiatives.
- Management: Manage and build career pathing to develop existing team of four team members and future team-members through prioritization, resource management, mentorship, and performance management. Play a prominent role in continued hiring.
- Metrics: Create quarterly OKR’s for the marketing department and report results to the senior leadership team. Be accountable to measure and report on MQLs.
- Events: Own the branding aspects for all offline events and collaborate with Partner Operations lead for execution of conferences, meetups and influencer dinners.
Hard technical/experience skills
- Minimum of 12 years experience in marketing, with at least 2 years in a marketing executive leadership role or right hand to a Chief Marketing Officer
- Scaled a marketing team and function in high growth global environment
- Broad knowledge in all areas of marketing, including product marketing, demand generation and marketing communications
- Typically, 5+ years experience in a B2B SaaS high tech outbound product marketing
- 4+ years of experience with SMB 1-80M revenue companies, or midmarket 20-200M
- 4+ years of experience in demand generation (lead generation and turning those leads into sales)
- Prior experience enabling sales teams to drive deal flow
- Strong leadership skills, including vision-setting, coaching, team building, empowerment and cross-functional leadership
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with execution
- Highly analytical, technical, clever, data-driven in nature
- Highly structured, process and systems oriented
- Have a proven track record for driving change in an innovative culture that translates into go-to-market successes and breakthrough outcomes
- Experienced at inspiring, leading and developing members of the team
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills working closely with both internal teams and customers
- Have a strong bias for action with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Outcome oriented with a player/coach leadership style
- Demonstrated experience utilizing analytics to solve and prioritize business challenges
- Startup, high growth and SaaS experience is highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Remote, North America
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
What makes you an ideal fit for this opportunity?
Are you authorized to work and accept new employment in the United States or Canada? * --
Do you now, or will you in the future, need sponsorship from an employer in order to obtain, extend or renew your authorization to work in the United States or Canada? * --
Why are you interested in a remote-first opportunity?
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at ReCharge Payments are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.Gender Please select Are you Hispanic/Latino? Please select Race & Ethnicity Definitions
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Veteran Status Please select
OMB Control Number 1250-0005
Expires 1/31/2020Voluntary Self-Identification of DisabilityWhy are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities 1 . To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1 Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp .
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-marketing-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote marketing jobs